Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Morning Writing Prompt, February 21

Some Mondays are harder than others. We had snow here for a week and a half, so life came to a grinding halt. It was kind of nice, I have to admit. Several friends and I agreed that being trapped in your house can be quite productive: no meetings, errands, school, social events. I got cleaning and work done, took some naps, learned how to do most of the exercises on my Wii Fit, and checked several need-to-see-movies off my list. But then the sun came out and the race was on to make up for lost time. Now it's Monday again and I don't feel quite as rested as I did last Monday. Sometimes it's good to take a deep breath before we begin. If you're feeling like me, here is a writing prompt to wake you up and get you going today:

Sit in total silence for five minutes and observe things around you. Write a story about the sense of awareness this brings you.

Happy Monday!

Do you have a subscription to Mia? If not, you should! We'll make sure it's delivered straight to your mailbox four times a year. It's easy to order your subscription online here. We need your support to keep publishing the magazine. , so consider becoming a subscriber!

No comments:

Post a Comment