Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Morning Writing Prompt, March 21

I'm finally recovering from the nastiest bug I've had in years. Two weeks of it was enough to make me start feeling cranky and blue. I'm not good at sitting in the house - on the couch - for multiple days in a row, but my cabin-fever was compounded by a non-stop cough, chills...you get the idea. It got so bad I turned to advice from Mom: stop whining and start counting (blessings, that is). So I did. One by one, I counted and then I felt better. So simple, but I forget to do this way too often.

So here is your writing prompt:

List seven things you are grateful for, then spend 10 minutes each day writing about one.

I'm almost certain that will improve your week. I'm going to keep at it and take my mother's advice even though the cloud has lifted and I'm off the couch!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great writing prompt--thanks for posting it and getting me going this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think being grateful is the best medicine for mental health. My list is far longer than seven days worth, so I may keep going!

    ReplyDelete